Sunday, April 17, 2016

Investing

I want to do one thing and one thing only, invest. I want to spend my professional career investing money for both myself and others. It is as simple as that. I love the volatility of the market and I love the risk involved. For me, investing is a game. I have played multiple simulations that enable me to watch the daily changes of the market. It was these simulations that got me so interested in the patterns of the stock market. However, the stock market is often unpredictable and presents challenges for anybody who has invested. This career may be risky, but that is what makes it so intriguing.
Professionals in this field are in it to make money, this makes investments that show promise more popular. After some research, I realized climate friendly investments have been showing more promise on their returns. This raises the question, why not invest in these areas rather than companies that bring harm to our earth? This is exactly what I could do when I entire this field. I could urge my clients to invest in climate friendly companies. I do not know if the current professionals are doing this in the United States and I do not know if they would even try this considering the recent decrease in oil stock prices, which have great potential for a high return in future years. There are a couple firms, in Europe, that have set this single idea as their primary mission. The Frankfurt School - UNEP Collaborating Centre for Climate & Sustainable Energy Finance is the most prominent.

One important detail to recognize is that as oil begins to be depleted, investors will search for other markets that show more promise. This is when climate friendly investments will become more popular. Alternative energy will take the place of oil, the stock prices of oil companies will plummet, and the stocks prices of clean energy companies will soar. Another factor that will trigger an increase in interest of these stocks is climate change itself. As climate change begins to have more lasting and destructive effects on the United States, the market will shift and their will be a greater demand for clean energy. According to an article on the International Business Times website, there has already been a huge increase in climate friendly investments. I can tell that alternative energy companies will be my ticket to wealth and, possibly fame.




2 comments:

  1. There is a pretty extensive movement toward "green" investing. A financial adviser needs to have a high degree of knowledge about what is happening in the world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like climate friendly investments were sometimes overlooked in the past. Now that climate change is becoming more of a problem and more people are aware, green investments are the way to go.

    ReplyDelete